Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lab B - Ultimate

I didn’t do a very good job teaching for Lab B. My job was to teach a 3 v 2 drill for ultimate Frisbee. I did not put as much time as I should have into it and as a result, I did poorly when teaching it. I should have started figuring out what my lesson was going to be a lot earlier because when I went to start it, I realized I didn’t know what to do. I looked at the ultimate planning unit sheet and saw four different things I had to teach. I thought I had to teach all four but I really only had to teach the activity next to my name. I decided to try and fit all four activities into one short 6 minute lesson. I found out that I only had to teach the one activity that morning, right at the start of class. So all during class, while my peers were teaching, I tried to figure out what I was going to teach and it just did not come to me. You can tell by my transcript that I didn’t know what to say a few times and I wasn’t clear enough when explaining the activity. This cost me a lot of time trying to explain the game and the students missed out on a lot of the activity. By not knowing exactly what I was doing while I was teaching, it made it hard for me and the class because I did not explain some aspects of the game enough. I also need to work on giving more feedback. The way this activity was set up, it was hard to give feedback, but I should have made a better effort trying to get specific with names and pointing out ways to improve their success. This was a good learning experience for me so I do not make the same mistakes in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment